Teacher Interrupted

"One can always tell it's summer when one sees school teachers hanging about the streets idly, looking like cannibals during a shortage of missionaries." Robertson Davies, Canadian author

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Photos

Asa Wright Tropical Rain Forest Nature Conservancy of Trinidad


Me and Robin Hopkins having lunch at the Nature Conservancy high in the Andes Mountains of Trinidad (yes, the Andes extend into Trinidad, I was surprised too:)


Steel Pan Drum Class: The whole class had the chance to work in a steel pan studio and learn a traditional calypso folk song in ensemble format! One of my favourite activities since I arrived here.




This is me and my roomie Heather. Heather is a mother of two teenagers, and she is a really wonderful and energetic woman. We are standing on Mount St. Benedict, which is an area just outside of Port of Spain. I will be teaching in a school on the Mountain starting next week.


At the Beach


Trinidadian candy stands are actually pickled fruit stands. All the jars are filled with delicious fruits and spices that are all pickled or sugared. My favourite is the coconut fudge, cilantro pinapples, and tamarin sticks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home