Teacher Interrupted

"One can always tell it's summer when one sees school teachers hanging about the streets idly, looking like cannibals during a shortage of missionaries." Robertson Davies, Canadian author

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Celebrity Soccer Player


Hey there everyone! Thanks for staying patient with my blog. The internet has been down for nearly a week, and it is super frustrating!!!

Anyways, you may recall my adventures at the soccer game a while ago, and how there is one white player on the Trinidad soccer team, and how all the spectators thought that me and my two friends were his family. Well, I had the chance to meet him in person a few days back. Apparently this is quite a big deal in Trinidad. Everyone's jaw dropped to the floor when our group mentioned that we had met "Chris Birchall". He signed my Trinidad flag, and I got a picture of it to prove the deed.

The funniest part about meeting him was that my professor mentioned to him that 3 of us had attended the last game and Chris Birchall said "yeah I know, I saw them" !!! Perhaps it is more hilarious for me because there was 26,997 black faces, and 3 white ones glowing like misplaced beacons in the dusk...lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home