Teacher Interrupted

"One can always tell it's summer when one sees school teachers hanging about the streets idly, looking like cannibals during a shortage of missionaries." Robertson Davies, Canadian author

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


ARG.

Today sucked. I had my first lesson formally evaluated by the principal of Kitchener Elementary School and lets just say this: there are some lessons that fly, and there are others that crash and burn.
Guess which one this was?

Apparently it was so bad that he didn't even write anything down because it just wasn't worth it. And, he didn't want to talk things over until tomorrow because he had to think of what to say.

If I had an extra Paxil caplet right now, I would crush it up and snort it. Ok, well that is totally inappropriate and it is just an analogy. But, the point is that I am feeling anxiety. Despite him being quite a nice, resonable, experienced administrator, I never want to see my principal again.

Too bad that I need that professional reference so badly.
Arg.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leneigh said...

Vanessa, I love your writing and reading your blog. Keep it up! As for the bad day, I've been hearing a lot of similar stories from Geoff. Not every lesson goes stellar unfortunately but I know you will be an amazing teacher, those kids are lucky to have you.

Love ya,

Leneigh

2:01 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks Leneigh! I think you and Bethany are the only people who read my blog ever, so thanks for commenting so I don't feel like such a loser:)

Good to hear that I am not the only one who has stuff go horribly, horribly wrong!!!

lol

4:12 PM  
Blogger Bethany Pearce said...

oh my dearest Vanessa, I am wondering if you are in Crofton wondering where the heck I am. I will try to call you tomorrow - I hope mommy-brain does not prevent me.
And... just so you know my darling... you have many "secret" admirers of your blog! Some are just to shy to comment. Or so I hear :)
keep it up.
talk to you soon.
love and hugs.
on and on.
blah blah blah.
b

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home