Teacher Interrupted

"One can always tell it's summer when one sees school teachers hanging about the streets idly, looking like cannibals during a shortage of missionaries." Robertson Davies, Canadian author

Monday, April 09, 2007

Hypothetically...

A few days ago I was bored, so inevitably my mind wandered into the wasteland of celebrity debautchery. As the harp music cued my imagination, I imagined the following scenario:

If my life were to be recreated by Tinseltown filmmakers, who would the Hollywood version of me be played by based on personality and appearance? Who would play my friends, etc?

I thought this would be a fun game to waste some time over the long weekend with Erik, but when I asked him who he would cast as me, he clearly did not know the rules of the game, nor did he care at all to play to begin with.

"Uh, I don't know, what's that actress again... oh yeah, uh... Penelope Cruz" he stares blankly at me.


"Erik, you have to at least think of someone who looks somewhat like me!" I say exasperatedly. Latina, I am not.

"I don't really care. This game is stupid. You are taking this far to seriously for something that will never happen," he replies.

"Oh, but come on, just think about it for a second, just say someone who is the same race as me!" I goad him.

"Alright, I would cast you as Star Jones. There, now you have it."

So according to Erik, if my life were to be portrayed on the Silver Screen, Erik would cast a freakishly addicted to plastic surgery Black woman to play me. Thanks, Erik.

What do you think? Which Hollywood person would play you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zellwegger dahling, Renee Zee...

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'd be flattered if it was Catherine Zeta Jones :)

Thanks for saying hi!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Vanessa!:o) Thanks for leaving a nice comment on my blog a few days ago....you were my one fan this week!

By the way, I love YOUR blog!:o) You're a very witty gal, and I hope that someday you will realize your dream of becoming a travel writer, 'cause I think you'd be great at it!

Who would I like to play me in a movie?....Mmmm....I think I would pick Maggie Gyllenhaal (right spelling?). She is skinnier than me and prettier than me, so, yeah- HER! (haha)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Bethany Pearce said...

Tori Spelling! Minus the bad boob job of course :) and for me? Well - I;ll have to check out Sarah Polly like you said.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home