Teacher Interrupted

"One can always tell it's summer when one sees school teachers hanging about the streets idly, looking like cannibals during a shortage of missionaries." Robertson Davies, Canadian author

Friday, April 20, 2007

In case you didn't already know....

Thank you to the very funny and interesting blogger Amanda www.kickyboots.com for the following 5 interview questions.

1) What is your earliest childhood memory?

There is one very early memory that I have from being really young. I think I was less than 24 months old because we were living in Banff then. I have a memory of laying in my crib (yes, crib), and I must have just had a nap because my mom came in and asked if I would like to go for a walk. I remember laying there and noticing the sky looked different because I was looking through the screen on my window. It was the first time that I saw one of those tiny, clear, floaty disk things in my eyes when I looked at the sky. I said to my mom "I don't think so..." in a somewhat of a contemplative way, not knowing what it really meant to say that.

We went for a walk anyway.

2) What is your favourite condiment?

I really want to say something interesting here, but in terms of frequency of use, I have to say ketchup (for grilled cheese, fries, burgers, hot dogs, KD, and so on...) I have heard more often than not that ketchup for dipping grilled cheese in is totally abnormal, but I like it and if you don't then sucks to you;)

For foods other than listed above (which I really don't eat all that often, I SWEAR) except for at Costco...those battered fries and scrumptious hot dogs.... I typically don't use much in the way of condiments because I tend to use lots of spices in my cooking as it is. Having said that, I am not opposed to a great mango chutney...so versitile!

3) What is the scariest thing you have ever done?

Well, hands down, every time I left Milner Hall residence building at the University of the West Indies in Trinidad, my friends and I found ourselves face to face with a situation that could leave us 'living-challenged' to put it as PC as possible. Whether we were staring down the barrel of an assault rifle, stuck in the back seat of a crowded maxi taxi with an assasin strapping knives to his body, or even just trying to cross the road, or surviving a night of dancing in local clubs with out getting 'poked' by some strange dreadlocked gentleman, it was all pretty scary.

I would totally do it again though...somehow I find danger a little more exhilerating now.

4) Have you ever given anything up for Lent? What was it and did you last the whole 40 days?

Long answer: I have lived without any ID or money for 17 days because I left my wallet on the sky train, but it was neither for religious or personal reasons. It was a challenging, yet resourceful time of reflection for me.

Short answer: It had nothing to do with Lent. So, no.

5) If you could live in any country but had to commit to living the rest of your life there, which would you choose?

Hands down, the Netherlands....oh soooooo understanding and easy going Netherlands. Though I have heard that they serve the world's smallest glass of beer. Having said that, then there are the tulips, my favourite flower. So the two things cancel each other out, and I think I could manage living there in perpetuity.

Now, if any of my two readers out there would like to be interviewed:

1. Leave me a comment with your email address saying, “Interview me.”

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.



1 Comments:

Blogger Bethany Pearce said...

interview me!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home